Xmas for teenagers in New York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming to New York for first time with two teenage boys, would appreciate some input on cool things to do with them? any ideas ie theme restaurants etc....
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 09:14 AM

klafrog,

I suggest you do a search 1st, something like "New York City with Teens" and get ideas, then come back to the site with questions.

Have fun!
Suse
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM

How old are they - and what are their specal interests?

Also - suggest avoiding theme restauratns if possible - the fodd is generally bad - and they're very expensive for what you get.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 10:38 AM

You might consider a trip to the Museum of Television and Radio...my guess is that teenage boys appreciate both.

http://www.mtr.org/
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Depending on their interests they may want to go see the tree in Roc center, climb to top of empire state building, tour the intrepid, see the museum of natural history to name a few things.

There are lots of food choices depending on your tastes. Give us more info and I'm sure you can get some good advise. I know it's a chain, but you boys may like to visit the ESPN Zone in time square.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM

I would turn that around on them and give them a project of what would you like to see and do in NYC? Let them get a book or two or try some websites for the city and let them have a hand in planning what they would like, if they "own" the trip, they will probably have alot more fun and take YOU to some interesting places as well.

The city will be all a glow with holiday lights and decorations and displays. Macy's and Lord & Taylor's windows are probably the best and of course Saks and all the stores up 5th Ave.

Skating at Rock Center or Wollman Rink in Central park or Chelsea Piers, and they would probably enjoy a ride on the Staten Island Ferry.

Ellen's Stardust Dinner (Broadway & 48th) is perfect for kids and the food is very good. All the servers are wantabee actors so you will have music while you eat, and the kids might even be invited up to join in in the fun.

Have a great time while you are here.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 12:25 PM

My teen boys like the NikeTown store.

It's at 6 East 57th St.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Our teens(girls albeit) loved Blue Man Group - saw lots of teen boys in audience who seemed to be having a blast
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM

You might want to look into Madison Square Garden. My son and I took the tour in July of '03. They mentioned Christmas activities that sounded really cool. I knew it wasn't likely we'd be back around Christmas, so didn't get any details. But, as I said, might be worth checking out. I *can* tell you that the Madison Square Garden tour was one of my son's favorite things we did in NYC. He was just shy of 14 at the time and is a real sports freak.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 01:02 AM

I vote for 2 things already posted here:
1. Do little research first so you'll have more specific questions and get more useful answers.
2. Blue Man Group - a great show for teenagers. You can read about it in www.tlakingbroadway.com and find a discount for it in www.broadwaybox.com
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 04:06 PM

ttt
'Wantsomesun' - thanks for the Ellens suggestion. Looks like one we will enjoy.