Search

zion national park

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zion national park

What are the nicest /most luxurious accommodations in or near Zion National Park?
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 02:26 AM
J62

Desert Pearl, Springdale, UT.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 03:39 AM

Not luxurious, but pretty nice for National Park Standards, is Zion Lodge located in the park. The cabins are your best bet there. Some of the nicer cabins have fireplaces. Springdale is right at the entrance gate, so it is not out of the way at all. I haven't stayed at the Desert Pearl, but everytime this question is posed on here Desert Pearl would get the pick 95% of the time. If you decide on the lodge or Pearl, make reservations asap, as they go a year in advance a lot of time.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 05:16 AM

As Spirobulldog says Desert Pearl always gets high recommendations. We have not stayed there.

We have stayed several times at Flannigans www.flanigans.com which we really liked. Last year we stayed at Novel House Inn www.novelhouse.com. We really liked this and it will be our spot going forward.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 06:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I'm looking at this post in a slightly different way.

If you are planning a trip to this area and are looking for the nicest /most luxurious accommodations, I'd be interested in your plan for this trip.
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 07:39 AM

claveygirl,

I go down to Zion at least once a year and have stayed at various places when not camping.

I stayed at the Desert Pearl when it was brand new and it was very nice. At that time however, the upstairs rooms were not carpeted and there was a lot of noise from the elephants above me! When I commented on this to the front desk, they said they had plans to carpet the upstairs rooms. After al these years, I'm sure they solved this one little issue. The river side rooms are the nicest, but of course cost more.

Sometimes early or late in the season, I stay at the Novel House Inn. It's a nice inn with terrific owners and good breakfasts. Very comfy rooms, most with king beds.

Last time I did a home exchange and absolutely loved the unique home with its incredible views. That was a treat!

Haven't stayed at Flannigan's personally though it usually gets good reviews.

No other places I would say are luxurious nearby.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your great recs.
Trying the Desert Pearl in August!
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 09:52 AM

Zion Canyon B& B is great! About a half mile from the entrance.
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
lvk

We loved the Desert Pearl as well. We had dinner one night at the steakhouse at the Majestic View Lodge. We didn't see the rooms, but it seems to be a very nice, newer property. It is a little farther out of Springdale proper and the park entrance.

http://www.majesticviewlodge.com/
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:00 PM

zion lodge is probably already booked. no airconditioning there which is a huge consideration in the june heat! even if zion lodge isn't booked, springdale seems to offer much better lodging and dining. again, shuttles ONLY to zion in june, they are said to run often from various spots in springdale.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM

ok, update from another thread tells me zion lodge does allow parking onsite for their overnight guests.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
J62

The shuttle from Springdale makes a few stops in town - convenient to wherever you are staying. One stop is literally right in front of the Desert Pearl (by design, I'm sure). It's a 2min ride from there to the entrance to the park.

The Springdale shuttle drops you off at the entrance (by the local food market), you walk across a bridge to the park entrance, where you hop on the shuttle that runs the length of the valley. There are shuttles every 5-10min or so, so it's never a long wait. It's a comfortable, quick ride to basically anywhere you want to go in the valley.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM

We were just in Zion (maybe our 11th trip or more?). This time we spent 1 night at Desert Pearl and 5 nights at Zion Lodge. Desert Pearl was definitely an excellent motel pick. Our room was comfortable and quiet, had a kitchenette with all utensils, dishwasher, dishsoap, even wine glasses and an opener. However, arriving at Zion Lodge was heaven to us. Can't beat the location! The rooms have been redone and they still have AC as they have for the last 10 years at least. However, if you want TV or a swimming pool, you are better off in a motel in Springdale.