Zion & Bryce in early April - too cold?

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zion & Bryce in early April - too cold?

Hi all:

We are planning a 7-9 day trip to the Zion & Bryce area during the second week in April, and wanted to know if you think that it would be too cold, of if certain areas may be unaccessible.

How about surrounding areas such as Moab, Capitol Reef, etc.?

I think that the northern rim of the Grand Canyou will be closed at that time, as are passages in other national parks.

Any thoughts or comments would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Yaniv
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only been to Zion in early April and we had a very UNseasonable 2 inches of snow, but it didn't stop us from seeing the park. Snow at this time of the year is pretty rare in Zion, but more likely in Bryce.

Bryce will be open, but the hiking trails will probably still be covered in snow. I'd suggest one night. I'd love to see Bryce with snow!

I hear that Capitol Reef is cold in the winter, haven't heard about spring. It will be open and I would go!

Early spring is when they have the 4 x 4 rally in Moab, Utah. The parks will be open and I bet it would be a great time to go on the hikes.

The two places that I know will be closed will be the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Cedar Breaks National Monument...otherwise everything else should be open.

Utahtea