Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Your advice needed on the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel, St. Louis, MO
Notices

Your advice needed on the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel, St. Louis, MO

Mar 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Your advice needed on the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel, St. Louis, MO

We are going to St. Louis for the St.Louis Cardinals Opening Day. And the only place that is really affordable is the Chase-Park Plaza Hotel near Downtown. If you are familiar with this hotel or have stayed there can you recommend it?
Mar 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM

www.booking.com Missouri Saint Louis
Rating: 8.5/10 - 5 reviews
This hotel is across from Forest Park and 3 miles from downtown St. Louis. The hotel offers 5 restaurants, spa services and a 5 screen movie theater.
Mar 2nd, 2012, 05:06 AM

I haven't been there in years, but it's fabulous! It's a little surprising to me that it's in the "affordable" category!
Mar 2nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

thanks quovadis and susan!
Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM

It is a wonderful hotel - It has been beautifully restored. It has 2 great restaurants, a small movie theatre and a large patio to enjoy drinks in good weather.

You will enjoy it! The location is perfect to visit other STL sites such as Forest park and Central WEst End for night life - great bars and restaruants!! Have fun!!
Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM

I just read Qwovadis respone - I go there often and I do not recall 5 restaurants!?!?! Unless there are some tiny ones that offer snacks near the theatre etc..

Anyway, we put my parents there for there 50th wedding Anniversary. We hosted a dinner in a private wine room and the food was outstanding. Everyone enjoyed it!!!
I just saw a movie there last week and enjoyed some appetizers at the bistro before hand.
Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

thanks anne. We already have confirmed reservations for Chase Park but the rate was so low that I was afraid it was a dumpy hotel. We are traveling with our grown kids and their little 8 month old baby - so the bars will have to wait for another time!

We are going to opening day at the ballpark. My husband was born and raised in St. Louis and is a lifelong Cardinal fan. So this should be a fun time.
Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM

Definitely NOT a dump. You will be very happy with it. Go Cards!
Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM

nanabee - when I went, they had quite a few rooms that were suites with kitchens. With your family and a baby, you might like to see about booking one of those.

Search this Thread