Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:07 PM
mark

Anyone visited Ben and Jerry's in Vermont. Is it open for tours and if so is it worth a stop? Also, thanks to all who answered my early post under Vermont - Cheap Lodgings. I decided to bite the bullet and went ahead and booked rooms. Did not want to take a chance and wind up sleeping in the car.

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Molly

Never been there but I'm a huge ice cream fan & adore Ben & Jerry's. I'd go just for the experience of it, I'm sure it's really "coooool"!

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:36 PM
AGM/Cape Cod

Mark-
My nephews live in Vermont and they say the Ben & Jerry's is "wicked cool". It is one of their favorite places. Have a Phish cone for me!

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:38 PM
shannon

Mark,
I visited Ben & Jerry's in VT and took the tour. It is worth checking out. They give you a free sample of the ice cream and if you answer trivia questions correctly you can win a phish pop or something of the sort. (The workers get something ridiculous like five pints a day to take home. Also, Middlebury College gets the "rejects" of the pints. They are the pints that don't get enough chunks of choc. chip cookie dough or brownies in them).

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:40 PM
Sal

It's worth visiting even if you only make it as far as their ice cream shop. They have every flavor of B & J made, and you can buy as many scoops as you want! It's a very fattening tour.

Aug 20th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Marie

Mark - we visited Ben & Jerry's in Vermont two years ago. It's worth a stop if you're in the area, but not if it means driving a distance. There's a small admission charge for the tour, but you do receive two small samples of the flavors they are making that day. I believe they run tours about every half hour most all day long. If you are in the area, Stowe is close-by and worth a visit. We had lunch at the Trapp Family facility and enjoyed it. I say facility, because the lunchroom is spearate from the main lodge. Enjoy your visit to Vermont - one of my favorite states. Marie