Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Yosemite Riverside Inn, anyone heard of it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 03:16 AM
linda

I have had so much help from the Foder site for planning my trip to California. It is such a great concept and I really appreciate people taking the time to respond.
There is one thing I need to know that no one has answered previously. Can you tell me anything about the Riverside Inn near the western entrance to Yosemite. We have reservations there and I would love to have someone say it is a decent, safe place for my daughter and I to stay. Thanks!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 03:44 PM
linda

to the top, please help, thanks

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:45 PM
kam

Riverside Inn is in Groveland, which is in Tuolumne County. While they say it is close to the West entrance to the park, know that it is quite a way from Yosemite Valley Floor, which is where most tourists want to be. You will actually be between the park and the Gold Country, which is not bad as long as you get an early start to drive to the park in the morning. You will take hwy 120 into the park and can drive over the Tioga Pass on that route. Yes, I would think it's perfectly safe to stay there, the inn looks charming. Very close to you will be hwy 49 which is the Gold Country Hwy which you might want to explore as well. Expect it to be quite hot during the day.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Linda

Kam, I really appreciate all the help you have given me for my trip to California. It has been priceless to me! THanks so much!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Suzie

Kam between you and me and any other Californians, when is it gonna get hot? Still cool here, yippee! Guess those lectricity cos will be begging for our $ soon. No air conditioning for me!!!!