Reload this Page >

Where EXACTLY is Hyannisport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:08 AM
curious

We're leaving in a few days for Nantucket but will be staying in Hyannis the night before to catch the first ferry out in the a.m. Whenever I've seen footage of Hyannisport it bears no resemblance to Hyannis. I'd love to look around HyannisPORT but have now idea exactly how to get there. Can anyone give me rough directions from the Ocean Street Docks? Thanks for the info!

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:23 AM
Roger

Once at the south Massachusetts coast, give the air a good whiff. If you get the smell of feces, you're close to the Kennedy compound in Hyannisport. Of course the fetid smell of the Kennedys can be lost in the smell of garbage which is the perfume of that spoiled awful state of Massachusetts. Rotten state filled with rotten people.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:32 AM
curious

Whats the matter Roger? You couldn't get invited to any good parties? Perhaps you would prefer a vacation at the Jersey shore. Now if someone can offer real help I'd appreciate it!

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Vicki

Hyannisport is right next to Hyannis, if you follow Main Street through the town of Hyannis you will end up going right through Hyannisport begore getting to Craigville Beach.

Once you are in Hyannis, here are lots of signs for the Ocean Street docks. They are only a few blocks over from Main Street, Hyannis. Have fun!

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:50 AM
curious

Thanks so much Vicki.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Beth

Hi Curious!
Hyannisport is really just a neighborhood with private beaches - no shops, etc. You can drive around (you'll see signs for the tour busses) but you really can't see into the Kennedy compound. There is a nice golf course out there, but that too is private.
If you park at Craigville Beach and walk back towards West Hyannisport, you can plop your towel anywhere along that private area. A little further down the street from Craigville Beach is a four way intersection; look for the General Store with the front porch benches labeled "Democrats" and "Republicans!" If you have time, take the 10-15 minute ride down to Osterville, a bit more quaint than Hyannis and a few upscale shops.
(P.S. It's kind of scary that there are people out there who are so angry that they spend their time venting ugliness at strangers.)

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 07:08 AM
curious

Thanks to you too, Beth. Great information and I will check out Osterville as well. I actually prefer looking around neighborhoods to shopping (you never know where you might want to retire!)