YELLOWSTONE, JACKSON HOLE, AREA INFO PLEASE

Jun 15th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

YELLOWSTONE, JACKSON HOLE, AREA INFO PLEASE

Hi
Plans for my Lady and I call for flying into Jackson week of 12th Sept for 5 nights/days, hopefully the crowds will be thining by then?. I drove to this area about 15 yr ago but can't be sure of driving times. Best for rental car at airport or in town? Will probably spend 1st night in Jackson then depending on places to stay (as last time in Sept just got lucky and winged it spending 1st night, believe it was either Jenny or Jackson Lk.) then one night in a cabin on a lake near old Faithful and one at Mamoth before heading to Montana). I have read many post on this site (all good) and understand that there are many stops along the way but what would be the average time/mileage to reach Old Faithful and other points of interest. Hopefully can get accomondation for 2 nights at O-F, will definitely call a-head. Any suggestiones on places to stay in that area if Lodge is full as I'm finding rooms for only one night (not two together). Could you also recommend any other another area of the park for one night before heading back to Jackson. Any suggestions for places in Jackson also appreciated. Would like for her to see as much as possible without rushing. Hopefully with your past experience and many of you just returning can guide me in the right direction for a good trip.
Thank You..........DIVER
Jun 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM

We returned from Great Teton and Yellowstone last week. I'm midway through my trip report; click on my name and you'll find it.

Start calling Xanterra now for lodging cancellations. We spent one night in an Old Faithful Lodge cabin, one in a cabin at Mammoth Hot Springs, and one in a Canyon Pioneer cabin.

Lee Ann

Search this Thread