Yellowstone & Tetons - Trip for newlyweds

Mar 17th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Yellowstone & Tetons - Trip for newlyweds

Hello! My son and his fiance will be married in July. July 24-29th they'd like to spend their honeymoon in Yellowstone. I'm the groom's mom and have been asked to put their trip together because I love planning trips so much , much because of this website and experience I had here a couple of years ago planning a trip to Sicily. So,I'm wondering what anyone thinks about flying into Billings, MT and then enjoy the drive to Yellowstone from there. I thought the end of their trip they can fly out of Jackson, WY.

Question: Can you stay in one hotel within or just outside Yellowstone and see all the sights in the "figure 8" within reasonable driving time? Or, is it best to stay in a hotel toward the northern end and then the southern end to see the sights with less driving.

They'd like to hike and aren't novices but not ready for rock climbing or difficult hikes. Outside of the "tourist" hikes, are there any hidden hikes you'd recommend?

My son loves ATV's . . any group tours of Yellowstone or Grand Teton on ATV's?

I thought staying in Jackson, WY would be fun toward the end of their trip before they fly home. Can you enjoy the town of Jackson as well as the Grand Tetons from this location? Any recommended sites in GT or Jackson?

I also thought it would be fun for them to see a rodeo or something "local" . . any bands playing in quaint towns playing music typical of the area?

Any recommendations hotels in both locations? Remember they'll be newlyweds but they like to meet new people.

Cooke City and West Yellowstone look like fun, any experience there?

Thank you so much for your help,
ClaudiaD

Search this Thread