Old Aug 1st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.A.

and.....2 days in L.A..
What to do?
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:16 AM

Santa Monica, Venice, Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, Getty Center, Malibu, Santa Monica Hills, Pacific Coast Highway, movie studio (my choice is Warner Brothers).

HTTY
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:28 AM

Just returned from another trip to LA and one of my stops was at the Getty, which I also recommend. There's an interesting photo exhibit of life in Cuba through the years, plus the views are amazing. I also recommend going to Venice Beach and just walking. You can't beat the people watching there. Many characters. It's great. Have a drink in the lobby lounge at Shutters on the Beach as the sun sets. There's live music and ocean views.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:23 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
man of few words??

>><blue>and.....2 days in L.A.. What to do?</blue>anything, to work w/ here. When? What sorts of things interest you?

(Was this supposed to follow on from your thread on the Canada board? >><blue>2 day stop in Calgary in September...suggestions?</blue>
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just you or are you bringing the kids?

What time of year?

Also, as janis asked, and your interests are . . .?

This is a good place, however, to make a comment about Hollywood Boulevard. I was on my up to the Bowl Sunday night for Reggae Night, and we always park at the Kodak complex and take the shuttle there up to the Bowl and back (much better and easier than the crummy stacked parking!). Anyway, the shuttle took us onto Hollywood Boulevard (a street I generally avoid like the plague) and I was shocked at the crowds of people I saw on the street, at the Chinese Theatre and milling about the complex. I honestly thought a Premiere was going on!! Then I realized, ah, Sunday, last day in July, and everyone has a camera -- tourists!

So even in my jaded sort of "I live in L.A.", I am reminded that as gritty as Hollywood Boulevard always seems to me, it has had a bit of a mini transformation (not complete plastic surgery, but small uplift), and it really is kind of fun checking out whether your feet are smaller than Natalie Wood's, or who's star you're stepping on as you walk along Hollywood Boulevard (using some license from an old Kinks song).

So, yeah, except for the extremely ugly silver tone statue at the westerly end of Hollywood Boulevard (at La Brea), it's kind of fun to visit -- and it's free! (Except for the parking!)
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
"What to do?"

What time of year?
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips