Reload this Page >

Yachats and Portland

Search

Yachats and Portland

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
martin

Yachats and Portland

Will be traveling the oregon coast this summer. Any suggestions for b and bs in the Yachats area? How about downtown Portland hotels? Thanks.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:09 PM
lcuy

My friend says this one outside Yachats is nice, but a bit isolated:

http://www.kittiwakebandb.com/route-to-us-e.html
We really enjoyed the Portland Guest House and the Lion and Rose B&B both in Portland on 15th near Lloyd Center. Not downtown, but only minutes away.

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Helen

Serenity (541-547-3813)
is another B&B which is nice and close to town. Kittiwake (541-547-4470)
is nice but quite a long drive south. Kittiwake is right next door to a *horrible* place called Seaquest with the rudest B&B hosts on the planet. Kittiwake hosts are pleasant and warm and the view is the same so be sure to stay there and not with the neighbor's from hell next door!

Old May 5th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Mike

It is not a B&B but for my money; i stay there 3-4 times per year. the Adobe hotel is perfect. Large room with the ever popular (gas fireplace)and the windows open up so you can hear the wavews crashing against the rocks right underneath you (a lot of seaside hotels are doing this less and less) and a very good restaurant downstairs.

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:16 PM
kinstaa

There are a lot of great hotels in Portland. I would suggest staying downtown since you would be in the middle of shopping and wonderful restaurants. A few hotels I'd suggest are: The Paragon, Hotel Vintage Plaza, 5th Ave Suites, The Benson, or Embassy Suites. If you are looking for a B&B in Portland try the Heron Haus - it is fabulous! Have a great trip.