Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Would you wait & try to get 50% off tix in Vegas for Mystere and Le Reve when you get there or buy in advance? Week of Dec 3...

Would you wait & try to get 50% off tix in Vegas for Mystere and Le Reve when you get there or buy in advance? Week of Dec 3...

Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're pretty sure we want to see Mystere show at Treasure Island and Le Reve (the non Cirque show at the Wynn) when we're in Vegas Dec 3-10. The tix are very expensive, about $119 each for Le Reve for instance, unless we sit in the splash zone right up front, not our idea of great seats. We like to sit far back from the action to get a better all over view.

If we don't feel great the day we have tix for, we're out $240 if we don't go. If we risk waiting till we get to Vegas for the day of the show, we might not get seats at all, or would we? My friend went to Vegas this summer and said it was easy to get 1/2 price tix to the Cirque show Mystere and another one she went to.

I've heard it's hard if not impossible to get Cirque tix the day of the show from the 50% off booth... What do you think our odds of getting these tix the week we're there, in person, at this discount booth?

I hate shelling out $70-100 a ticket for each of us if we didn't have to. Any thoughts on just ... waiting? Are there also 1/2 price tickets for Le Reve at the Wynn as well through this ticket booth? My friend said she just got there early and it was easy. I have to wonder, from what I've read here if that's true. Maybe because it was the summer and hot as blazes, tickets to shows were less desirable then?

I'm pretty bummed that "LOVE" won't be playing the entire week that I'm there... Oh well, you can't do it all. It was very high on my list, but now... it's off that list. I'm amazed that the Hard Rock Hotel doesn't know who's playing the week we're in Vegas till just a month before, but that's just the way it goes.

Thx in advance,
Steve R
Silver Spring MD
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM

If it is now "easy" to get half price tickets to Mystere, that is quite a new development. Last I knew the show was still a sell out, and people line up to get returns or cancellations -- but at full price.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Interesting... Thx Neopatrick. So I guess I better not play around with this one, hoping to get tix the day of, at 1/2 off, and buy them well in advance?

They have the $60 tix for Mystere and the $75 tix as the 2 cheapest seating areas... I'm wondering how bad the $60 ones are. Anyone tried the cheapies and felt they were fine for them?
http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...re-tickets.htm

Steve R
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM

You might want to have a look at the Las Vegas TripAdvisor forum. There are some real experts over there, particularly regarding show tickets and seating. And, lots of other useful tips and information.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 04:49 AM

Actually my post was a question as much as a comment. Maybe someone knows better. Perhaps half price tickets for Mystere ARE easily available these days? It just surprised me however.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Wow, a Las Vegas Trip Advisor forum? Sweet... I didn't know about that one. You could spend WAY too much time on all these knowledge seeking forums if you had the time .

Thanks,
Steve R
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 05:46 AM

Stever - check out lasvegas.com. We booked our entire trip there, airfare, shows, room, etc. Great deals. But if you've already got your flights, you still might be able to find tickets for the shows there. We saw LOVE...awesome! Too bad the show isn't running in your time frame.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Cissy. Unfortunately, Mystere is the exact same price, as is The Wynn hotel as they lasvegas.com site you just posted.

Looks like we'll just pay full price, well in advance, and bite the bullet as I'm not there's any other option.

Steve R
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM

I've seen Mystere twice and enjoyed it both times -- well, maybe even better the second time. I have seen all the Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas (and one that was a "special" one Thanksgiving and no longer there), and still think of it as the most artistic and athletic of all of them. Worth every penny at full price!
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 05:37 AM

Hindsight is 20/20..if you want to see this show badly, then buy the tickets and consider yourself lucky to have them. Hey, maybe you'll more than pay for them at the poker tables! gt;)
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 06:02 AM
KVR

In 8 trips since 2001 I have never seen a Cirque show at the half price ticket outlet. However, could be new.

Those shows typically sell out fast. When we plan a Las Vegas trip we purchase tickets on-line at www.vegas.com at least 3 months in advance to ensure we get the seats we want.

Try this site for info on Las Vegas: http://www.lvtalk.com/vegas/lvtalk/index.php

There is a ticket sight I signed up for a while back that sends me e-mail notifcations for shows that are half price. I obtained the info on the sight I referenced above. I don't have it with me right now, but if you want to e-mail I'll try and get it for you. The shows will not be popular or current though.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

This is all quite eye opening and helpful. It's obvious we should get our tix in advance, then.

Saw a bit of "Ka" on at Travel channel show tonight. It looked amazing. Now I'm wondering if we should see it instead of Le Reve!

Steve R
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Having seen most of these shows in Vegas, last summer we saw Le Reve and Ka on the same trip. While I liked Ka a lot -- more than a lot of people seemed to, I think La Reve is more unusual and fun -- especially if you haven't seen O. Have you? The water of O and Le Reve make those two shows really special in my opinion.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Thx Neopatrick. No, we haven't seen any Cirque shows so we'll just stick with Le Reve and Mystere then. I saw a Cirque show 20 years ago in a traveling circus tent show in Virginia and I was bored to tears. I'm sure the intimacy of a Las Vegas theater will be much, much better.

Steve R
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM

Buy tickets to the shows you want to see and forget about a 1 in 100 chance of getting 50% off. Life is short. We are too soon old; too late schmart.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM

I wouldn't count on getting 1/2 price tickets in early December. Isn't the Rodeo in town at that time? I think there were some 1/2 tickets offered this summer, but it's probably because of the time of the year (think 110 degrees).

I've seen most of the Cirque shows in Vegas more than once. Mystere is still my favorite. I would buy the tickets in advance.