Notices

Wisconsin to Niagara Falls

Jan 31st, 2005, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Wisconsin to Niagara Falls

We want to visit Niagara Falls, visiting the Canadian side first. Trying to decide if we should drive down around Chicago, through IN and OH,and up, or take the ferry from Manitowoc, WI,go across MI and into Canada. We'd be leaving from Hudson, WI. Any advice you can give us on this? Good place to stay at Niagara on the Lake,or nearby, or place we should avoid??
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:48 AM

I did a driving trip to Niagra several years ago. although I am originally a WI boy, I now live in IL.

We drove through Chicago to Detroit and crossed there through Windsor, followed 401 all the way. We stopped in Toronto for a weekend and made it there in about 9 hours including a sit down lunch. Started near O'Hare in the very early AM.

From your location, I would look at the ferry at least one way of the trip. Sounds like fun to me!

As it turns out, we went to PA and came home on the US side. Also not a bad drive, but longer. We only stayed in Niagra Falls one night. That was enough for us. Glad we went, no need to do it again. Other than the falls, think Wisconsin Dells.
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Placeu2. I forgot to ask in my original message, what about the toll way? Where can I find information about where you can get on and off? Or is it better to take other roads? Never been on the toll way.
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM

If you follow 90 South of Madison through Rockford, you will pay around $4.00 to get to Chicago. After that, if you take the skyway which would be the shortest route assuming non traffic times, there is a toll for that as well. I don't remember exactly how much.

Search this Thread