I am planning to visit Alaska next March , in order to see aurora, which believes to have higher intensity around equinox. I would like to rent a car at Anchorage airport and drive to Fairbanks, where aurora can be seen frequently. I want to know if it's dangerous to drive along the Route 3. Any accommodation/gas stations opened in March en route? I am from Hong Kong and have little experience driving in snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL + 1800/681/7208 IN$TALATION recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h ak47baba
- 2 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 3 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 NY theater district restaurant
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 10 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 11 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 14 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 15 Big Sur weather in early December
- 16 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 17 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 18 Our next summer trip
- 19 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 20 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 21 Dulles to BWI
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 24 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 25 Kauai for a week: advice needed