Wine Country Wedding

Feb 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Wine Country Wedding

My Daughter is considering a Wine Country Wedding in September. I know this is a wide topic, but any help would be appreciated. I am thinking of a moderate venue, and possibly about 50 to 60 guests. Anyone know a great place to have a wedding?
Feb 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM

My son's wedding was at this location:
www.hcgweddings.com
and it was beautiful. Everything needed was there and much assistance was provided, including the parking attendants and cottages on the property for changing clothes; spending the night(s) on the property are optional.
I also love Westerbeke Ranch near Sonoma. It has a more rustic quality but the views and atmosphere are incredible. The food is also amazing and you are well taken care of.
www.westranch.com
My daughter's wedding was at a small family winery in Napa Valley. Sometimes calling a winery directly will give you the best information. Weddings are highly regulated in Napa Valley but a small gathering such as yours should be easy.
Feb 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM

Here's a website to help with your search:
http://www.napavalley.com/eventplann...s_chapels.html
I noticed Carneros Inn is on the list. That place is in a beautiful setting and has excellent dining.
Feb 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM

Ooh! Christian Brothers Retreat and Conference Center is also on that list. The setting is AMAZING! I have been to a number of events there. You do not have to be Catholic to hold your event there. It would be fabulous for a wedding of 50 - 60 people.
Good luck with planning!
Feb 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM

I attended my niece's wedding at the St. Francis Winery last year...60 guests...wonderful preparations and location
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
mms

We attended a wedding at Madrona Manor in Healdsberg which was beautiful. Their gardens are stunning, and they did an exceptional job with the food.
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM

We were married at Auberge du Soleil in September several years ago. Everyone told us how romantic the setting was and how great the food tasted. I planned the entire thing via phone and e-mail and they couldn't have been nicer. They even provided a recommended list of bakeries (wedding cake), florists. It's still a very popular spot for weddings.
Feb 22nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for you replies. I will send them all to my daughter. She is very conflicted right now about where is going to be married