I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 3 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 [email protected]
- 6 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 7 Sjc Car Rental
- 8 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 9 Trip to Cali
- 10 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 13 4 days in San Diego
- 14 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 15 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 16 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 17 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 18 NY theater district restaurant
- 19 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 20 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 21 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 22 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 23 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 24 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 25 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest