Williamsburg Lodging

Jul 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Williamsburg Lodging

My family and I are heading to Williamsburg in August and planning to stay at Kingsmill.
We had stayed there 5 years ago and loved the resort and golf. Setting aside the August heat, are there issues at Kingsmill ? On another website I read lodging complaints of noise and insects
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:59 AM

MDamiano,

My family of 4 just returned from Kingsmill on Saturday after a week long stay. We were there with another family of 4 and we all agreed that it was wonderful. We had no complaints at all. We booked the Dream Vacation and it was a great value for our families. My husband and friend played two rounds of golf each that were included in our package. Normally it would have been $150 per round. As a family we played the 9 hole par 3 course twice - very nice to have that included also.

We had two day passes to Busch Gardens and Water Country included in the package also. We were able to add 2 additional days for $10 per ticket. The resort said this was not possible but we did it at BG. The resort ran shuttles to both parks which were timely and convenient. At BG show your Kingsmill room key and you don't have to wait in line for the Dark Kastle ride - which was excellent.

We read those same comments about insects and noise on Tripadvisor. All I can say is that we had no issues with insects of any sort. As far as the noise issue, we had a guestroom that had a locked door that led to a 1 bedroom unit. I guess you can rent both the one bedroom and the guestroom and make a two bedroom unit. There was some noise through that door but either the unit next door was empty most of the week or we had quiet neighbors because it was never an issue. On occassion we were aware of their presence but not bothered by it. Hope they can say the same about us.

All in all it was a wonderful trip, very activity filled and fun. Don't hestitate to stay at Kingsmill.

Search this Thread