Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   "Wicked" tickets for mid-January (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/wicked-tickets-for-mid-january-576552/)

sppunk Dec 15th, 2005 06:26 PM

"Wicked" tickets for mid-January

Hello! I'm surprising my wife w/ a quick weekend getaway to NYC, and want to get her tickets to see Wicked.

My question: They are currently going for $102/apiece at playbill.com. Is this the best online price - and best price - other than the TKTS booth that I don't want to mess with?

HowardR Dec 15th, 2005 06:48 PM

You'll pay full price for Wicked tickets no matter where you get them. And, I suggest you get them right away before they are gone. The show is still selling out.
It'll be many, many months before Wicked tickets will be available at TKTS.

sppunk Dec 15th, 2005 06:58 PM

Howard,

Thank you kindly for the reply. I just realized that tickets might be hard (if not impossible) to get in such a short time - unfortunately the trip is a late-planned conference we're attending.

If I am unable to locate Wicked tickets, what other shows are playing right now that would be highly recommended? We have seen: The Producers, Mamma-Mia, Rent, Lion King, Beauty/Beast,

I'm looking at Avenue Q, The Color Purple and Doubt - are discounts available for these, and which is likely the "best"?

Oh, one additional thing: We're both in our mid 20s and enjoy intellectual, yet fun, theatre.

Steve5511 Dec 15th, 2005 09:02 PM

"We're both in our mid 20s and enjoy intellectual, yet fun, theatre."

You might want to check out something "off-broadway" then. Alot of shows start out "off-broadway" and work thier way "on". DODGERSTAGES.COM has new and fresh shows. Also you might want to try something downtown like Blueman Group or Stomp.

Dan Dec 16th, 2005 04:59 AM

I really liked Avenue Q. Didn't know what to expect and thought it was a lot of fun. Paid full price and don't know if they are available on TKTS or not.

KikiLee Dec 16th, 2005 05:04 AM

I doubt that you'll be able to get Ave Q at a discount, but as a fellow mid-20, I HIGHLY recommend it.

HowardR Dec 16th, 2005 05:11 AM

Doubt is brilliant....and discount tickets are available. Check Playbill.com and BroadwayBox.com
Avenue Q is also highly recommended.
The question is: Would you rather see a thought-provoking drama or a delightful musical satire?
Both are outstanding.

sppunk Dec 16th, 2005 07:24 AM

OK, Doubt or Ave. Q it will be (unless something off-Broadway strikes me ... I've yet to look).

But I have a question regarding BroadwayBox.com. On the discount page, there's a disclaimer that says (paraphrased) reports aare in that the box office requires original documents and not discounts?

Does this mean I should purchase full-fare through telecharge?

HowardR Dec 16th, 2005 09:08 AM

There's no gimmicks or tricks. Just order the tickets at the discount price shown. If you are uncomfortable with the broadwaybox website, then go to Playbill.com which also has the offer.