Reload this Page >

Who Knows the best Luau on Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Patrice

Looking for an authentic Luau on Kauai, any suggestions? I will be on the north shore but not afraid to travel so do share.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Koa

The one at the coconut beach hotel in kapaa is good. The food is real authentic hawaiian kine food. The entertainment is typical touristy fare, but its entertaining.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:45 AM
Jean

In 1997 we were very pleased with our choice for a Luau. It was called the Garden Luau and International Pageant--held near the Wailua River near the boats to the Fern Grotto. The food was well presented and very good; we ate in a covered building with entertainment. We watched the pageant in another area from seats looking toward the huge stage but separated by a moat with nightblooming flowers. You could walk or take a tram ride through the extensive gardens before the luau without paying extra admission. There was free bus transportation from our hotel, and it was one of our favorite nights on the two week trip to three islands.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 05:52 AM
karen

Patrice -

There is a very nice luau on the North Shore that has been there for years - it is a smaller scale than the big hotels, but is very authentic. It is located in the town of Hanalei at a place called Tahiti Nui owned and operated by a local woman known as "Auntie Louise" I believe. We attended this luau probably 7 years ago, but we enjoyed it tremendously after having been to many of the big time hotel luaus on various islands. It was a welcome change for us. However, if this smaller scale is not to your liking, try the Princeville Hotel on the North shore or the Hyatt on the south shore for a more "traditional" luau. Both these hotels do a very nice job. Also, there is a luau now held at Gaylord's in the Kilohana Plantation gardens, which is relatively new to this establishment. The grounds at Kilohana are lovely as is the restaurant's atmosphere in this old plantation house. You have some wonderful choices.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:06 AM
Jill

We went to the Coconut Beach hotel luau in Kapaa 3 months ago on our honeymoon. It was awesome! The food was very good and the show was a lot of fun. Only bad thing was I was pulled on stage to hula dance...very embarassing!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 09:16 AM
JB

We went to the Princeville Hotel about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. Good food and nice entertainment.