Notices

which room at La Jolla Shores Hotel?

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which room at La Jolla Shores Hotel?

We're treating ourselves to a weekend at the LJ Shores Hotel in La Jolla this weekend and just wondering which rooms/floor is better as far as ocean views. I've got a "coastline" room booked. Not sure what that means, as I've never seen the hotel. The Hotel clerk said the third floor is better.
Any thoughts fellow Fodorites?

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM

www.tripadvisor.com reviews of the hotel will probably give you a better idea. you can also send a message to someone who's stayed there and left a review if you want.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM

I have never stayed at the hotel but have been to the beach many times. I am only guessing at this, but I would assume the 3rd floor would offer better views as you would be higher up. Coastline is probably more beach level, and would see only the coast line. This is just an assumption. You could have asked. I cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend no matter which room. Enjoy!
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM
TahitiTams

Ask the front desk for the room on the third floor closest to the LJ Shores Park facing the ocean..
The food at the restaurant is pretty good with Bernard as the executive chef..
Love Piatti's and a block away.
Jeff's burgers, Cheese Shop (best deli sandwiches) some of the best for fast dining.
Tennis courts are classic and hope you will bring your racket..hence your screen name..
LJBTC.com
Are you going to George's/Crab Catcher or Tapenade?

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, especially Tahiti Tams for your response...I knew I could count on you to give me the best advice. I'm printing all of your suggestions right now to take with us; we're travelling with another couple, so not sure where we will end up eating. But thanks for responding so quickly! Sure wish I could hit the tennis courts, but I pulled my hamstring during a USTA tournament a few months back. Looks like the only sport I'll be doing is shopping and maybe a massage? Any affordable places in LJ for a massage? With a kid in college, I can't afford anything extravagant.
Old Oct 16th, 2007, 08:53 PM
TahitiTams

Hi tennis..
Seafood happy hour at the Crab Catcher is one of the best in town and they have killer crab bisque, mussels and $5 martini's with oceanfront view..
Marine Room for drinks and app's is special and next door to the LJ Shores Hotel..
Nachos and Marg's at Alfonso's and the Burger Lounge.
Roppongi for happy hour.
Make sure you go to Harry's Coffee Shop.
Walking around LJ downtown is great and the hike from the Shell Shop across from the Crab is awesome and the walk along the coastline is beautiful.
Have a great time!

crabcatcher.com
marineroom.com

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM

I think the third floor rooms have higher ceilings and so they'll feel bigger.