Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Which Ritz-Carlton (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/which-ritz-carlton-634150/)

sunkissed518 Jul 26th, 2006 09:23 AM

Which Ritz-Carlton

We just returned from an 8 day trip to the Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas and had a wonderful time.. we loved the resort, absolutely fantastic. However, we had very noisy neighbors above us, so I called & complained to the room executive. Surprisingly, we ended up receiving 3 complimentary nights (plus American breakfast for two each morning) at pretty much any Ritz-Carlton in the world, with the exception of Chicago, London and Paris (which are not directly owned by the Ritz-Carlton, LLC).

While I was considering going to either NYC or back to St. Thomas to redeem these certificates, I was wondering if perhaps any of you could recommend another Ritz-Carlton that you were truly impressed with. I'm hoping to stay in the continental U.S. or the Carribean, although I'm open to all suggestions. We will either travel in January or June, have yet to decide.

Thanks in advance!

Neopolitan Jul 26th, 2006 09:45 AM

Well, I haven't stayed at many of them, but the Ritz in Naples, Florida (the beach one especially) and the Ritz at Laguna, California would be high on the list I would think. I'd pick the Naples one if in January, the Laguna one in June.

starrsville Jul 26th, 2006 10:22 AM

Cannes, France.

Or, just about anyone nearby - within driving distance. How fabulous!

LLindaC Jul 26th, 2006 10:43 AM

I agree about the Ritz in Naples; it's great! Darn, I complained at a Radisson once and got a 25 dollar gift certificate.

Callaloo Jul 26th, 2006 10:52 AM

The RC in San Juan might be a good place for January. The location is the best of both worlds -- on a nice beach, but also in a cosmopolitan urban locale, walking distance to great entertainment options (and cabbing distance to fabulous Old San Juan).

The hotel itself doesn't stand out among RC properties -- it's certainly very attractive, with good-sized and well-decorated rooms, and reasonably attentive staff -- but it isn't above-average. What makes it special is the locale.

P.S. It's close to the airport, so you will notice the jets when you're at the beach. We didn't notice the noise in our room.

rjw_lgb_ca Jul 26th, 2006 11:05 AM

I love the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel (down in lovely Dana Point, CA), and the R-C Huntington (in Pasadena) is an absolute treasure.

Third the R-C Naples. And I think the R-C in South Beach might be a lot of fun for a few nights.

Neopolitan Jul 26th, 2006 11:05 AM

Hmmm. They say the new one on Key Biscayne in Miami is fabulous, too!

sunkissed518 Jul 26th, 2006 08:58 PM

Thanks so much for all of the responses! I was also leaning towards the one in Laguna, it sounds quite nice; although that's something I would hope to expect from all Ritz's. ;)

Any other suggestions, details, would be much appreciated.

mikesmom Jul 27th, 2006 03:38 AM

Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch (Beaver Creek, Colorado) is gorgeous. We spent our 30th anniversary there - really beautiful.

LilMsFoodie Jul 27th, 2006 03:42 AM

Half Moon Bay...overlooking the Pacific. Bagpiper at sunset. Unbelievably beautiful area. Outside of San Francisco.