Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Which Priceline zone is better for Boston? Quincey Market/Faneuil Hall vs. Copley Square/Theatre District

Search

Which Priceline zone is better for Boston? Quincey Market/Faneuil Hall vs. Copley Square/Theatre District

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, which zone is better for tourist attractions in Boston, Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall or the Copley Square/Theater District area? It's a group of 6 of us and I've only visited Boston 2 times prior, short visits.

We'd like to be close to the hop on/off busses, dining, walking areas and such.

Some of Priceline's hotels in Quincey Market are:
Hilton Boston Financial District
Langham Hotel Boston
Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District
Omni Parker House
Millennium Bostonian
Onyx Hotel
Nine Zero
Intercontinental Boston

Copley Square hotels are:
Colonnade Hotel
Westin Copley Place
Sheraton Boston
Marriott Copley Place
Fairmont Copley Plaza

Thanks for any input.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Either area is fine and you'd be happy with any of the hotels listed. Both areas are close to dining, shopping, etc.

The Intercontinental's location is slightly less convenient public transportation wise than the rest but it's a gorgeous hotel.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Most of these are good to wonderful hotels. The Intercontinental is brand new, the Parker House is the oldest hotel in the US (though I don't think it was in this building), and you have everything in between.

In general, the Quincy Market/Downtown is closer to the North End, the Freedom Trail, and the Waterfront. The Copley Square area is closer to shopping, but I don't think it is anywhere really close to the theatre district, at least at this **** level. Both are close to transportation, scenic areas, and many more good restaurants than you will have time to eat at.

I am sure you have looked at Traveladvisor, and you have seen that there is a lot of disagreement about these hotels.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments Wyatt & Ackislander! Looks like we are in big trouble finding a hotel in mid/late September. All of the hotels listed have rates between $400-$600 during our stay. I suppose the fall in Boston is busy with European travelers like New York is, plus business travelers. We may have to jiggle dates a little and visit Salem during the week to save a little.

I saw previous Priceline bids in the $120's and thought we'd be able to do the same, looks highly unlikely for that time of year.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM

You are absolutely correct, Sept & early October are premium prices and availability for Boston. Between great weather, fall foliage tourists, many business group meetings, and college/university "parent weekends", it is pretty busy. Good luck, take what you can get.