Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Which is the better place to stay, The Hudson or Hotel Metro?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Jason

Coming to New York in December. Trying to decide on accomodations. May have narrowed it down to these two. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Robert

The Hudson...is much nicer...without a doubt.....and a better location...

Robert

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Ken

Jason, I vote Hudson. Great location. People will now start telling you how small the rooms are. Yes, the rooms are small, but are you staying a few nights or moving in all of your wordly possesions? We found the service to be very good, front desk staff very nice (no "attitude" as some might say) and the room was exceptionally clean. Bed was by far the best I have slept in, in a hotel. Outdoor courtyard was fun (but most likely closed in the cold?) and beware of the drinks in the library bar, they are expensive! Have a great time, and be sure to report back.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Jason

Thanks Robert and Ken. Based on your feedback, sounds like the Hudson is the way to go. Any other suggestions for lodging, not just restricting to Hudson or Hotel Metro, but along the same types of places to stay?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:12 AM
bram

Jason,
We stayed at the W Court at 39th and Lexington in May. Booked the room through expressreservations.com and paid $179.00. We got updgraded to a "Spectacular Room" because of wife's B-day. Very cool hotel with surprisingly large, modern rooms. (ex-apartment building)We loved it and would definately go back.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Dawn

Stay at the New York Helmsley 42nd street. I booked through quickbook & got it at the price of $120. Excellent location.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:26 PM
ab

I doing a quick budget for a possible family trip to NY around Christmas. Is finding a clean, decent hotel room for around $100 a night out of the question? I don't want ambiance, I want clean and safe. Any suggestions. grandmother and two boys going along with my husband and I.

We're doing a day trip to South Hampton.