Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Which Hotel in Seattle Has the Better Rooms: Sorrento, W, Grand Hyatt? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/which-hotel-in-seattle-has-the-better-rooms-sorrento-w-grand-hyatt-257331/)

john Sep 12th, 2002 07:17 AM

Which Hotel in Seattle Has the Better Rooms: Sorrento, W, Grand Hyatt?

Which of the above hotels has the best rooms and/or is best overall?<BR>Any opinions appreciated!

danie Sep 12th, 2002 07:39 AM

We stayed at the Grand Hyattt last month. Absolutely loved it. It is brand new (about a year old) and the rooms are stunning. Big marble bathrooms, large rooms and the views are fabulous. The service was the best. We don't have any experience with the other hotels so I can't compare, but would stay at the Grand again for sure<BR>have fun

john Sep 12th, 2002 09:55 AM

Thanks for the advice, danie.<BR>

John Sep 12th, 2002 10:31 AM

People have been getting the Hyatt at very low prices on Priceline.com - check out www.biddingfortravel.com for recent results and reviews (all positive.) The Sorrento is a grand old hotel with an excellent reputation (and a very good restaurant); however its location is some distance (and across a freeway) from most of the downtown attractions. I have heard from friends who stayed there that the rooms at the W are hip, sleek, and teeny weeny.

Owen O'Neill Sep 12th, 2002 10:36 AM

I just returned from a five night stay at the Elliot Grand Hyatt and it was fantastic - far superior to any other Hyatt, Hilton or Renaissance I have stayed in. I got a Priceline deal but for the weeknd I was there (Labor Day) theyhad an Internet special of $119 per night - go to the website or call thjem direct - you can probably get that rate as they seem to bew scrambling to keep all the rooms full (not their fault - this is one beautiful and incredibly comfy hotel).

Shelia Sep 12th, 2002 10:52 AM

I've stayed at the W and the Westin downtown both twice within the last two years. Both are very nice and located in the heart of the city. The "W" is more Hip/modern while the Westin is more like a conference hotel but both have very nice rooms and service.

john Sep 12th, 2002 11:56 AM

Thanks again to all.<BR>I'll be there on business during the week, and got a corner suite for $180, which seems to be pretty good compared to the W and Sorrento rates.<BR>I just can't bring myself to use the bidding sites which don't allow you to pick a specific hotels. <BR>First off I need to be within a few blocks of my conference site, and second, I'm really picky about hotels and would be unhappy with just any business class hotel.<BR>The Grand Hyatt really sounds (and looks) great based on the website.

pj Sep 12th, 2002 01:21 PM

You will love the corner room at the Grand!! We had views of Puget, Space needle, Lake Washinton.<BR> Beautiful hotel, the kicker is I paid 40.00 on priceline for this room!! PJ

darvy Sep 12th, 2002 02:33 PM

My ball and chain and I stayed at the Hyatt and loved it. The "W" is a real pain in my arse. It's trying to hard to be hip. The Sorrento is nice, but it's in a weird spot. Have fun!<BR><BR>-Darvy