Which Hilton GV properties are worth it?

Jan 24th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Which Hilton GV properties are worth it?

My in-laws just bought into the Hilton Timeshare after a visit to the Waikiki property. They've generously offered that they'll be sharing the points with my husband and me. I'm curious if others who are either members or who have stayed at many Hilton properties (we've always been more Marriott loyalists for big hotels) have opinions about which of the properties are the nicest/most worth points? I'm particularly interested in areas outside of Hawaii, Las Vegas, Orlando.

Thank you! Ashley
May 8th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thought I'd try and bump this one up and see if anyone had opinions on the timeshare properties. Thanks!
May 8th, 2019, 11:12 AM

Well, wish I could weigh in.. We are Worldmark owners and it has suited us very well. I think in general on this forum, folks are not timeshare fans, though.
May 9th, 2019, 06:33 AM

I didn't think anyone buys timeshares anymore.
May 9th, 2019, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by MoBro View Post
I didn't think anyone buys timeshares anymore.
I happen to own one but probably wouldn’t buy it today (although we’ve enjoyed it). Nevertheless, I think there are PLENTY of people still buying - if they weren’t, would Marriott and the other big companies still be building new ones?
May 9th, 2019, 07:28 AM

I agree. In fact, we just purchased additional credits for WorldMark on the aftermarket, given that they are a good fit. EBay has a thriving market for resales. WM is actively building new resorts, and I have seen others as well. Timeshare has definitely changed, but there is a place for it. I know this still doesn't help our OP.
May 23rd, 2019, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for trying to help out! Yes, confess we were a little puzzled by the decision, in part because they'd also recently joined the Disney Vacation Club. But of course it's very kind of them to offer to share their stays with us. Thanks, all!
May 24th, 2019, 09:09 AM

The Hilton Hawaii properties are their best in my opinion. We stayed at the Big Island time share property and it was very nice.
Jun 16th, 2019, 12:07 PM

HGVC Properties

Years ago, we bought a week at the HGVC on the Big Island. (If we wanted to buy a timeshare somewhere today, we would go about it differently rather than buy directly through the resort.) But to answer your question, we have enjoyed staying at the HGVC Waikoloa resort on the Big Island even though it is not ocean front. We have gone several times and made our way to different beaches with our favorite being the one nicknamed A beach. They have several pools but we prefer to head to the ocean or sightsee on the island.

We have also stayed at resorts connected with Hilton / HGVC on Sanibel Island and Marco Island. We love Sanibel island, but typically go thru VRBO because it is difficult to trade into a place on Sanibel.

We have also stayed at the Valdoro HGVC resort in Breckenridge many times in the summer. We love Breckenridge when it is not too crowded - end of August or early September. June might also be a good time to go. Last summer we were there in early July and that was a little too crowded for us. There is a nearby pool that one can use but we tend to drive thru RMNP, and go on other excursions instead. Feel free to message me if you want more info re Breckenridge.

Hope you find something that is a good fit for your interests!

(Just saw that your OP was months ago, but hope this is still helpful to you.)