Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Which Disney Parks? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/which-disney-parks-273144/)

Lisa Nov 14th, 2002 07:39 AM

Which Disney Parks?

I am taking a 17 year old from Romania to Disneyworld in December for a few days. I have most of the itinerary planned, but need some suggestions. We will definitely go to the Magic Kingdom, but we have one more day to do another park. Any recommendations on the other 3 Disney parks? (We are already planning on doing Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure). I have shown her the Disney website thinking maybe she would be able to choose what other park she would like to visit, but she says any of them are fine, so I need some help! I want this to be a great getaway for her as I don't think she will be returning to the states after she leaves in January. Thanks for the help.

Bill Nov 14th, 2002 07:50 AM

Children love The Animal Kingdom. She may enjoy MGM Studios, but if you are already going to Universal she may not want to see another studio-theme park. Epcot may be enjoyable and enlightening for her.

Randa Nov 14th, 2002 09:49 AM

My two young teens' favorite park is EPCOT. It's wonderful and has something for everyone.

John Nov 14th, 2002 11:59 AM

Easy answer - EPCOT

Kelly Nov 14th, 2002 01:00 PM

EPCOT - It's also the park with the longest hours. Get there when it opens for Spaceship Earth, Universe of Energy, Journey into Imagination, Innoventions, etc. Then head to World Showcase and hope you have time to visit all the countries. Make sure and stay for Illuminations.

Emily Nov 14th, 2002 01:01 PM

Epcot, and be sure to 'snack' your way through World Showcase for lunch or dinner, stopping at several international food counters. I loved Morrocco and most other people recommend the fish n chips at England.<BR><BR>If she's interested, at 17, they have a Princess Storybook breakfast in Epcot, where the princesses stop at your table for pictures. Also, there is an Ice Cream Social around 2 or 3 o'clock where Mickey joins you.<BR><BR>Have an amazing time!

tigerhawk Nov 14th, 2002 01:05 PM

I second the vote for Animal Kingdom. The Safari ride alone covers more territory than the entire Magic Kingdom, as far as acreage. Go to that ride first, ride it, then get your FastPass to ride it again in a hour. The animals are incredible. Africa is the best area in my opinion, with a couple of neat rides in Dinoland and the big flume water ride in Asia. The Lion King show is also pretty good. This park is only open until 5PM [the animals go to bed] so if you aren't too tired, you could still get to Epcot or MGM for the nighttime fireworks.<BR><BR>One hint on the MGM fireworks - if you make a dinner reservation for one of the restaurants inside MGM for one of the Fantasmic fireworks nights, you get a special pass for better seating at this show. This show seats upwards of 1500 people and general admission starts lining up 2-3 hours before the show. With a dinner reservation you can eat, wander around, then walk right into the fireworks show about 45 minutes before it starts. Check www.mousesavers.com for some good ideas.

Sharon Nov 16th, 2002 01:44 AM

The priority seating for fantasmic show is experimental and only lasts until 12/17 I believe. The Fantasmic show has only one showing at 6 p.m. In order to get the priority seating and reserved seating for the show, dinner must be at 4p.m. The Fantasmic show is worth waiting for and might be the highlight of her trip as would seeing the Osborne lights. This is quite something and worth doing MGM in the evening. <BR><BR>I also suggest doing Animal Kingdom lodge instead of the park. No admission to pay and you can see the animals feeding on the Savannah and watch the sunset thenhave an interesting dinner at Boma. This would be a low key way to end a day at the Magic Kingdom. <BR> <BR>Try this bulletin board for better Disney info:<BR>http://www.passporterboards.com/cgi-...cgi?category=1 <BR><BR>Sharon

lil Nov 17th, 2002 08:06 AM

I think a 17 year old would enjoy Epcot.