Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Which California Napa Tour is the best?
Notices

Which California Napa Tour is the best?

Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Which California Napa Tour is the best?

What tour would you suggest for NAPA VALLEY tour. Scenic and not too touristy I am going to be alone from San Francisco. I am staying at Union Square.
Mar 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM

Depending on where you are coming from, Allegiant airline http://www.allegiantair.com/
is now flying to Oakland from a few locations. Their tour provider is Extranomical Tours. The tour company has a tour which picks up from downtown hotels and Fisherman's Wharf. The tour goes to Muir Woods in the morning and 3 wineries for 45 minutes to 1 hour each in the afternoon. The tour cost is $95 not including the $5 park entrance fee or your lunch.
The tour is listed at 9 hours.
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM

llilley - To try to answer your question, google "Napa Wine Tours from San Francisco". There are a ton. Everything about the Napa Valley is touristy. Read some local blogs on it to get a better idea.

If you will be in SF in the June - Sept timeframe, don't go on the weekends. It's a total zoo.

Sonoma might be less touristy, and the two most popular areas are the Sonoma Valley and the Russian River area around Healdsburg. From Sonoma to Healdsburg is about 50 miles, so you will need to choose one.
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies I will look into this soon. Big help.

Search this Thread