Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Which Airline flys from New York to Vegas? (low cost and direct)

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 01:29 PM
dina

Help again !
I'm not having much luck searching for a 'reasonably' priced flight from New York JFK to Las Vegas. Does anyone know of any airline that flys there direct? and which is inexpensive?

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 02:55 PM
guy

Iwould imagine that there are several direct flights from JFK-LAS...but as for non-stop the list will get a bit smaller..Most will stop at a hub along the way..ya might check United...but better I would just dial up all of the major airlines websites and go to the reservations and flight schedules...and you should be able to answer your own question ..also. normally airfares in and out of LAS are surprisingly reasonable by comparison.....

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 03:11 PM
John

Have you tried National Airlines? They are hubbed at Las Vegas. Ditto for America West.

Also, try Vanguard. It would involve a stop in Kansas City but they fly to both LaGuardia and Las Vegas.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:03 PM
Anthony

National, america west, and Continential are the only ones that fly direct non-stop from NYC

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 11:41 AM
rain

Went to Vegas in February and used National Airlines. I couldn't say enough about them. Very, very good service. They were right on time when we landed in Newark during a snow storm (I was very surprised - expected to be delayed!). Food wasn't that bad either. They leave out of either JFK or Newark. They were much more reasonable in price than the other airlines going direct. Would take them again in a minute!!!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Jeanette

I am a National Airlines fan and on their flyer program, as relatives live in Arizona and we need to fly their about 2 or 3 times a year. They are slightly more $ but very worth it. They run about $214 round trip from Chicago. They have non-stops from NYC. Great dependability and better everything than ATA or American West.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:58 AM
peg

There is a function at smarterliving.com where you put in your departing and destination cities, and they show you every flight between those two cities for any given day. Not sure if the "non-majors" are there, but they may be, so it's worth checking. Good luck.