Reload this Page >

Where would YOU stay on Florida east coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 06:24 AM
bobc

My last posting didn't get much response,so I'll ask the question another way. We are flying into Jacksonville for the first week in June and are looking for a kid friendly resort/condo complex(prefer a children's program) somewhere between the Georgia border and say Flagler Beach. We don't want to drive forever from the airport,and want a nice wide beach that vehicles are prohibited.Do you know of such a place? Thanks! Bob Cook

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 04:41 PM
BOBC

Anybody?

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 11:59 PM
MoebiusTrip

Check out St.Augustine
the Oldest City in the USA
www.oldcity.com
The beaches are wide and allow auto's though I've never seen or felt they overwhelmed St. A's beaches....
The hostel is cool, but no active children programming...do-it-yourself with a Pirate Theme, for a change --check it out www.PirateHaus.com

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 07:03 PM
jakeman

My favorit

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 02:35 PM
st

Have you checked out Amelia Island Plantation? Variety of units right on the beach, 2 pools, bike trails, health club, nature walks. We were there in Nov and saw lots of families and even some activities by the pool for kids.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 03:52 PM
bobc

st- I did check Amelia Plantation but seems to be a bit much for us,although I would love to stay there. also,the childrens programs are somewhere around $30.00 a day each additional. Any other thoghts out there?

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:25 AM
J T Kirk

bobc, Have you checked out Sawgrass? There are a number of options there, I believe.
Also, as I mentioned in your last posting, help me - what is a children's program???? It sounds like it's something that only resorts would have. Which sort of limits you, at least as far as Northeast Fla coast. I'm sure down around Palm Beach, Lauderdale and Miami you'll find bigger resorts which will have all the necessities you're seeking.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:28 AM
bobc

JT-Yes,I did check out Sawgrass,but from what I understand,its not oceanfront and a ways from the beaches. Is this true? My definition of a children's program is an onsite,organized activities for children(nature,games,etc) that is put on by staff members. I guess we got spoiled in Myrtle Beach where we stayed at a place that had such a program that was included at no charge with our condo rental.That is what we're really looking for. Bob

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:36 AM
J T Kirk

Bob- Sawgrass is, indeed, NOT on the beach. Did you check out the Ponte Vedra Country Club? It might be a bit pricey, but it probably has something for the kids. Frankly, with ruling out Amelia, Sawgrass and Ponte Vedra, I think that means you'll be heading farther south, like Lauderdale or Palm Beach. There are no resorts to speak of between those two areas. there are, however, tons of condos along the way. Lots of people stay in, or around, Daytona Beach/New Smyrna Beach. By the way, have you checked out the Georgia area, i e, Jekyll Island or St Simons?