Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where would you go first week of June to the beach for sun & fun ((& cheap) Miami, Ft Lauderdale or beyond?

Search

Where would you go first week of June to the beach for sun & fun ((& cheap) Miami, Ft Lauderdale or beyond?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about one or 2 nights--beachfront, pool, basic, cheap accomodations in June. Where? thanks!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Adults? Family? Driving or flying?

Cheap for families who are driving to the area would be the panhandle-
Destin or Sandestin....
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Driving. Really interested in SOuth Florida. 2 adults, 1 child--beaching it and relaxing is the goal.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM

South Florida gets alot hotter than the north but I doubt that it will be uncomfortable in June. I'm not an expert on the area though. I usually stick with the Tampa Bay/ Sarasota area. Keep topping this post to see if someone in the Lauderdale area can help. I know that Lauderdale by the Sea has been mentioned as a less expensive option.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:20 AM
GoTravel

amwoso, South Florida can indeed be very uncomfortable in June however the immediate beach areas usually have a breeze.

I would suggest Ft.Lauderdale but need to know your budget. South Florida and cheap are getting harder and harder to find.

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:27 AM

We were in Ft. Lauderdale in mid-May a few years ago and it was uncomfortable then. Temps were in the 90s with high humidity.

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:47 AM
jd

Sounds good to me!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:53 AM

I don't know how much it costs, but the White Cap Apartments in Lauderdale by the Sea are good. It's on the beach, has a pool, is small (2 stories), and has nice owners. A lot of my family stayed here for my wedding about 2 years ago and my cousins stayed here again about a year ago.

The place was redone not too long before my wedding. There are kitchens, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom in each room. They were clean.

Most of my family brought their kids and they found the kitchens really helpful. I know the couches in the living room turned into beds.

It's always hot in Florida, but you get a breeze on the beach.

Here's Lauderdale by the Sea website if you want the number for White Cap:
http://www.lbts.com

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 11:00 AM
jd

Check out www.highnoonresort.com. Its in Lauderdale-by-the-sea. I have never stayed there, but did tour the property, and it seems decent for the price and is directly on the beach.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:03 PM

It is hot here in June but that's when Floridians love the beach. We steer clear at high-noon and get into the air conditioning but it's really the best time to relax and get a tan. Not so many people.