I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yahoo-password-recovery-CONTACT-☎-1877-255-1244-AOL-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 4 NY theater district restaurant
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 Trip to Cali
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 13 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 14 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 15 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 16 Big Sur weather in early December
- 17 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 18 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 19 Our next summer trip
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 22 Dulles to BWI
- 23 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 24 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 25 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?