Where to stay near John Wayne airport?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Gary

Where to stay near John Wayne airport?

I will arrive at John Wayne airport and then drive to San Diego for my vacation in August. On the way back I plan to stay in around John Wayne airport area for 2 nights. Any suggestions what area nearby John Wayne is fun to stay at with my 5 yr old son in August? Will plan to visit Disneyland for 1 day.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:55 AM
mare

How about staying at the Hotel Queen Mary? Any 5 year old would probably enjoying staying on a ship!

Is it just you and your son? Because the rooms are quite small, not suitable for a couple and a child.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Gary

Mary,
Actually is me, my wife, and my son. I am thinking about newport beach or costa mesa which is not too far from John Wayne airport and disney area.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:47 PM
mare

The Hyatt Newporter is beautiful, have visited friends who were staying there and they were very pleased.

The Best Western Bay Shore, while not as upscale, is comfortable and very clean, near the water.
www.thebestinn.com

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:57 PM
John

We got a very good deal last week at the Newporter through Priceline. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for the most recent successful bid results for Orange Co.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Leslie

Nix the Queen Mary Hotel idea. Aside from being lousy quarters, this is no where near either Disneyland or the John Wayne Airport!