My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day California Trip in July
- 2 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 3 RV Grand Canyon
- 4 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 Newport Beach restaurants
- 7 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 8 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 9 I need help
- 10 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 11 Expedia
- 12 Italian Provisions
- 13 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 14 girls trip / oregon
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 17 Vacations in New Orleans
- 18 4 days in Miami
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 21 Las Vegas TR
- 22 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 23 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 24 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 25 NY theater district restaurant