Reload this Page >

Where to stay in the Seaside/Santa Rosa Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
chimiler

I'm looking for some suggestions on where to stay in the Seaside/Santa Rosa Beach area in August or September. There will be 4 adults and our little 6 month old. We're looking to spend warm days on the beach and evenings on a ocean front balcony. A pool would be nice but not necessary. We would prefer something a little smaller and quieter, but price is perhaps a bigger factor. I'd like to stay away from the rows of condos. We will probably eat dinners out, but plan on eating in otherwise so a kitchen would be helpful as well.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:06 AM
MEL

we are going to santa rosa beach in 2 weeks. its only the 2 of us so our place is small. But you should try the VRBO web site (vacation rentals by owner) and search under the florida panhandle. Hope this helps. This is our first time to this area how about you?

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:17 AM
MEL

we are going to santa rosa beach in 2 weeks. its only the 2 of us so our place is small. But you should try the VRBO web site (vacation rentals by owner) and search under the florida panhandle. Hope this helps. This is our first time to this area how about you?

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:18 AM
chimiler

Mel, actually I've been a few times and absolutely love it! We haven't been back for several years though and now we're going with family. The first time stayed in Fort Walton Beach (mistake). After driving up the coast we discovered Seaside. Have you watched the Truman Show? Needless to say we went back the next year and stayed near Seaside. It is the quaintest little beach town. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, a great little market and a bike friendly town. Grayton Beach is very nice too and has the best secret around -- the Red Bar. Wonderful food and live music. Other musts include Beach Baker's Donut Hole on 98, the Back Porch and Pompano Joe's. You're going to have a great time! Check out http://www.30-a.com/

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
starfish

Chimiler, there are some beachfront condos around Dune Allen and Grayton that are single bldgs--not sprawling developments and are really quite pleasant. Also, beach houses from huge to "just right" size. August is REALLY REALLY hot, Sept. is fab. because the air is not so hot, but the water is still warm. Also, no crowds and the rental prices are ususally cheaper. There are several rental agencies that have houses and condos for rent in that area. They one I deal with shows pictures of the unit and an aerial shot so you can get an idea of just how uncrowded it is.
Have a great trip!
P.S. Have you tried Bud n' Allys at Seaside or Cafe 30A in Seagrove? Fantastic!!

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 06:44 PM
chimiler

Thanks Starfish. Do you have any links to those rentals? We haven't tried Bud n' Allys or Cafe 30A yet, but would love to. One night we picked up whole Pompano and shrimp from the market and had a night BBQ on the beach... now that was good!