Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Ocean City, MD???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 05:30 PM
Boots

My family and I are going up to visit Asseteague and Chincoteague in April and want to stay in Ocean City, MD since it's so close. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice family-friendly hotel or condo (preferably with suites)?? Thanks so much!

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:16 PM
Boots

Anyone?

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:20 AM
lisa

Every summer we stay in Sea Colony, Bethany Beach which is about 6 miles from Ocean City. Bethany Beach is one of what is known as "The Quiet Resorts" together with Fenwick Island and one other area (sorry I forget which). Sea Colony is a group of highrise condos on the beachfront and then, across RT 1, hundreds of townhouses. Each condo is individually owned and decorated and therefore some are much nicer than others. They are rated and priced accordingly.

We prefer it to Ocean City which is much larger, more built up, hundreds of t-shirt stores, miniature golf places.

Rehoboth Beach is a also a quaint town which is bigger than Bethany, 11 miles from Bethany away from Ocean city and has more charm than Ocean City. Has great restaurants too. Also good shopping. Samller artsy places in town and huge outlet malls on Rt 1 away from the beach.

You will find many family friendly hotels and condos in all 3 places and as April is low season (in fact, it will still be cold,) You will have your pick.

Your best bet is to find a website for each place and call realty companies in the area you want to stay as most condos are privately owned and owners let them through agents.

The realty company we use in Bethany is Tansey Warner - friendly and helpful 1 800 221 0070.
Sea colony also has their own realty company 1800 sea colony. In the past we have found them to not to be very service oriented.

Also be aware that the drive from Chincoteague is quite a hike to all these places as you have to leave from the middle of the island, go back to the mainland, up and across back to the islands that Ocean city and all the other towns are on. We did it years ago and with summer traffic the drive was about 2 hours.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:50 PM
rudy

Boots:

We always stay at the Quality Inn Boardwalk, since it's close to everything in Ocean City, and right on the boardwalk. It has two outdoor swimming pools, an indoor pool, a restaurant, and all rooms have two queen beds, a sleep sofa, a fully stocked kitchen with a table and chairs, and is family friendly. Bicycles can be rented just outside the hotel. Last summer I noticed that a new Holiday Inn was being built right next to the Quality Inn Boardwalk. Sorry I can't help with other hotels, since this is the only place I have ever stayed. Get a unit with a view of the ocean, no matter where you stay.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 07:30 AM
pat

You might want to try PHILLIPS..on the boardwalk at 13th st. We have stayed there for summer vacation..the efficiency units are very nice,clean,comfortable..staff is also nice...no pool,but that should not be a concearn in April..PHILLIPS has a web site..

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 11:38 AM
debbie

Castle in the Sand is excellent. 37th St. Oceanfront. Great Beach and the fun bars "Seacrets", Fagers Island are close and the bus is only $1 to take to the boardwalk.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Boots

Sea Colony is great in Bethany Beach. Remeber, there is no tax in Delaware so it's a nice treat. We have also stayed at a Holiday Inn in Ocean City. The rooms are large, very much like a studio appt, with a galley kitchen, 2 double beds, and pull out sofa,. Its around the 50s or 60s in the streets (all streets are numbers, the lowest being at the start of the boardwalk and the highest heading towards Delaware. The Holiday Inn is also building a Suite Hotel in OC on @ 14th but I don't know if it will be open in April. The existing one also has an indoor pool which is nice at that time of year.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 01:35 PM
rudy

Though we've always stayed at the Quality Inn Boardwalk, I recently wrote to the new Holiday Inn Boardwalk opening just next door. They sent me a brochure, and it looks great. It's an all-suite hotel, with a living room, full kitchen, large bedroom, double-sink bathroom with jacuzzi, and two t.v.'s. Though it's more expensive than the Quality Inn Boardwalk, we plan on trying it this coming summer. Log on to www.ocsuites.com and see what I mean.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 06:44 PM
Dona

One of my favorite places is the Quality Inn at 54th street. They have indoor pool, 3 hot tubs around the pool, snack bar(and bar) free coffe, fruit etc in the lobby. All the room are suites. full kitchen with utensils, bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room area with tv/vcr,pull out sofa. The interior rooms have a balcony overlooking the atrium pool and tropical plants, fish ponds and live parrots. Ocean front rooms of course have an ocean front balcony. The atrium rooms are entered from outside and have a deck facing the bay for the sunset. They do have a web site. I will try and look it up for you. Really a nice place. They also have tennis courts and a large outdoor pool. Close to everything, and the bus($1.00) is right out front the door. Parking is free. Any other questions about this quailty inn, just let me know. Have stayed there many times. My daughter just took 3 days there in February and had a great time.