Where to stay in New York City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just moved from Australia to New York City and need advice.I have been asked for accomodation advice re a reasonably priced hotel for a family of four who are visiting after New Year.I also need information regarding renting an apartment for about a week early december.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:13 AM

This place looks nice (the suites).

It's gotten great reviews from Fodorites recently. It will work for both Dec. & Jan.

http://secondhomesecondavenue.com/pa...and_Rates.html
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:16 AM

Welcome to NYC. The ansswer to both questions can be the same. There are quite a few apartment/hotels that would be good for a family of 4 and also for a week's rental.

affinia.com is a group of all suite hotels with a wide price range from budget (Eastgate Toweres) to the nicer ones (the Benjamin, Affinia Dumont) and a number inbetween.

Radiocityapartments.com is a real budget option (but is often booked) as is the Milburnhotel.com

There are also a number of smaller places that are listed as b & b's but are really more like self catering apts. in a small building. Some examples include
west-eleventh.com
chelsealodgesuites.com
wymanhouse.com

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:25 AM

Don't know if they're rates have changed or anything, but stayed at the Murray Hill Inn (31st and Lexington) for one night back in March for $149 plus tax ( I think it was $156 total (or in that ballpark). You might check them out. Maybe they have long-term rates, too.

The room was extremely small (6 or 7 x 12 or so). The private bathroom was pretty big, though, with a big shower (big enough for two people).

Just a thought.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:29 AM

I have stayed with my family at the Doubletree Suites hotel, which is at 47th & 7th Ave, right on Times Square. The suites have two rooms and can accommodate four people pretty comfortably. If you get a room that has two doubles in the bedroom, then with the fold-out in the sitting room, you have three beds.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much I will pass these on
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:13 AM

I noticed that the Larchmoont Hotel now offers family rooms with bathrooms ensuite (I know their other rooms have shared bath). I have no idea what these room are like, but the neighborhood and location is great.
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:32 AM

Jan is definitely low season for hotels in NYC - and you should have no trouble findings something nice at a bargain rate.

Look at the affinia group of all suite hotels. Also check out travelzoo to see who is offering deals - there will be a lot - but not listed yet for Jan probably.