Where to stay in Miami

Feb 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Miami

We've never been to Florida and will spend one night (and alot of the next day) on our way to South America. We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale and will shuttle to Miami. Should we spend the night at a hotel near the Miami airport and taxi back & forth to town or stay somewhere in town? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, what would you recommend we do during our time there? Thanks
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:21 PM

Since you don't have a lot of time, I might consider staying in F.L. - you could see the beach, stroll down Las Olas Blvd., etc. However, if you do want to go to Miami, I would either stay on South Beach or downtown (the InterContinental is nice downtown; check the hotels out - some are sketchy). Being at the airport is great for your flight, but would be a pain for sightseeing and expensive to taxi back and forth. With limited time, I would go to South Beach and stroll along Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive - shop, eat, drink and relax. You could go to the beach and there's a musuem or two on S. Beach as well.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

I would maybe spend the time in Fort Lauderdale if possible, we just returned from there and loved the city and beaches and water taxi.

Search this Thread