Where to stay in Los Angeles for one night

Oct 31st, 2005, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Los Angeles for one night

I have an upcoming business trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong and will be travelling from another city via Los Angeles. I arrive at LAX mid afternoon LA time (Friday afternoon) and will fly out of LAX the following day at 10pm so essentially I have a good day before my flight to Asia. This is my first time in LA. I am looking for a decent mid price range hotel that a nice area where I can walk around, find a good restaurant for dinner Friday night, perhaps do a bit of shopping on the Saturday morning but that is a reasonable (ie not too far) distance from LAX. Would that be Bev Hills, Hollywood, Westside?? Please advise. Thanks in advance
Oct 31st, 2005, 03:32 PM

Cliché answer, but it should answer all your concerns:

Santa Monica.

Good hotels, great restaurants, lots of shopping. Mid-range hotels in downtown SM:

-- Huntley Hotel
-- The Georgian
-- Loews Santa Monica
Oct 31st, 2005, 03:34 PM

See if you can get a special rate at Maison 140 --
www.maison140.com -- in Beverly Hills The address is 140 South Lasky Drive, Beverly Hills, CA

We stayed there for three nights around Christmas and got a rate of $159 or so. As you are looking at a Friday night, I'd expect a good rate. It is a small, lovely hotel with a nice little lobby bar (complimentary wine before you head out for dinner) and a friendly and helpful staff. You will be smack in the middle of Beverly Hills, about a block from Rodeo Drive. You will definitely feel like you've had a glamorous stop-over in La La Land
Oct 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far. LadyOLeisure, Maison140 sounds right up my alley but unfortunately, there is no availability on my intended travel dates! I will look at the hotels suggestions for Santa Monica. What is the driving distance between the suggested hotels in SM and the airport? My flight leaves pretty late on the Saturday night so I am assuming that traffic will not really be an issue.