I'll be in Kauai for 9 days right after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. I'll be staying on the South Shore at the Grand Hyatt for 1 week for conference. But where to stay (which part of the island and any recommended lodgings) the weekend before and after my conference?
We've been to Kauai once before, and this time would like to do the following:
* Sail the Na Pali Coast and possibly snorkel there.
Do boats leave from the West Side of the island? Should we stay somewhere over there on Friday night and catch the boat the next morning? Which town? Any recommended hotels that are under $130 a nite?
* Do hiking on the West Side. Besides Waimea Canyon, anything else very scenic and doable as a day hike on that side of the island? Read about some hike where you can look down the valley at the end of Na Pali coast trail. Is it difficult to get there?
* We like the North Shore too, but afraid it will be too rainy in early December? Should we spend a night or 2 up there? To hike Na Pali coast trail (just the short portion), and check out the beaches up north? Possible to snorkel there in December?
* How about staying on the East Side? We're thinking of doing a zipline. Which company? We want something adventurous with great scenery.
* Possible to hike or go near the center of Kauai? We already did the helicopter tour last time.
Appreciate your advice and any recommendations for activities (preferably less known since I think we've done the highlights on our last trip) and definitely food!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our next summer trip
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 4 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 5 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 6 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 7 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 8 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 9 Muir Woods - new rules
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 12 Padre Islands
- 13 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 14 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 15 NASHVILLE
- 16 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 17 4 days in San Diego
- 18 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 19 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 20 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 21 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Galveston
- 24 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot