Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Where to stay in Jackson (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/where-to-stay-in-jackson-460762/)

PrettyLake Jul 18th, 2004 07:38 PM

Where to stay in Jackson

My husband and I are flying into Jackson 9/10/04 and would like to spend a few days before heading up to Yellowstone (looks like there's availability at Canyon area hotels). I'm searching for lodging but can't seem to find both Friday & Sat. nights. I've checked Signal Mtn. Lodge and Spring Creek but can't get both nights. Any comments about Snow King, Quality Inn 49'er, Wildflower Inn, or Red Lion WY Inn?? They're all about the same rate with Snow King being a little less. Any suggestions for clean, comfortable accomodations will be appreciated.

Deblynn Jul 18th, 2004 07:52 PM

Signal mtn & Spring Creek are both out of Jackson (not in town). It's very convenient to stay right in town, because of the parking, and you can walk to restaurants, shops, bars, etc. We like to stay at the Ranch Inn. Tower rooms have a balcony and are very nice. Rooms with refrigerators, continental breakfast, good service. Also, the Wort Hotel is very nice, but pricey. The Snow King is nice but a long walk into town. What is your price range and what kind of place do you want? There is a place called the Rusty Parrot, a B&B. Pricey, but extremely nice. Feather comforters, fireplaces, robes, full breakfast, etc.

PrettyLake Jul 18th, 2004 08:33 PM

Deblynn, thanks for your reply. I realize my choices are all over the place but I'm trying to find the nicest hotel for the money. The Rusty Parrot Lodge was highly ranked on TripAdvisor but they require 3 nights. Can't find out if The Wildflower Inn has availability on-line; can call in the morning. I would like to pay about $200/night. Seems like a lot but it appears lodging in Jackson is pretty "sporty". Thanks again for your imput--since we'll only be in the area 2 days, staying in town probably makes more sense.

Sabrina Jul 19th, 2004 06:39 AM

We stayed at The Red Lion Inn about 6 years ago. It was located in town. We found it to be very nice. They had a small dining room serving a complimentary breakfast. It was very clean. It was a short drive to the center of town, where there were some very good restaurants.

insight Jul 21st, 2004 06:39 AM

We spent two nights in Jackson early this month. The first was at the 49er Inn, which has a complimentary breakfast at a little place next door. Nothing fancy, but clean, large rooms. On the way back we stayed at Cache Creek, which has three queen sized beds in two rooms. The Snow King condos looked nice from the outside. We also spent three nights at Signal Mt. which has a fabulous view of the lake and the mountains, but it's in the park, about 30 minutes outside of Jackson. We passed the Red Lion Inn. It is the only chain I saw in Jackson and is a couple miles off the town square.