Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

where to stay in Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 01:25 PM
linda

I'll be traveling to San Francisco in May for a conference and need some advice. Most of the bigger name hotels are booked, so I made reservations at the "Wharf Hotel". Anyone know anything about it? Or, any advice on other less well known, but good places to stay? Thanks!

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 03:20 PM
?

Do you mean the SHERATON Wharf Hotel?
If so, here's the website:

http://www.sheratonatthewharf.com/textonly.htm

Important info you left out:

1. WHERE is your conference being held? You don't want to be too far away as SF is very compact (some would call it congested).
2. Is your company/employer footing the bill or are you? What is the budget?

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:49 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Would that be the Wharf Inn (2601 Mason Street)? It's a great location right across the street from what used to be the Travelodge Fisherman's Wharf (I think it's now a Radisson?). While it's not the Ritz, it's no dump -- plenty comfortable and a very decent value, too. In terms of access to Fisherman's Wharf, you can't do any better, really. Not a place to worry about staying.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 05:53 AM
linda

Thanks for your guidance! Indeed it is the Wharf Inn on mason street. I'm so relieved to hear that it will be more than adequate for my stay. Thanks!

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:56 AM
JimRose

My pleasure. Website, if you don't have it:

http://www.hotelswest.com/sfo/index.html

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 10:44 AM
bette

Try the Kimpton Hotel property down the street from the restaurant Boulevard.
It's called the Harbour Court? Something like that - it is a quick drive to the Wharf...

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Paige

Linda, you didn't ask for restaurant recommendations, but a fun place that my husband and I found was Steelhead Brewing Company at Fisherman's Wharf. He enjoyed the micro-brews there very much and our sandwiches were excellent, very fresh, and the price was right. There are numerous other restaurants around as I am sure you will learn, but this was very laid back and comfortable. I remember we spent a couple of hours at lunch just taking it easy and watching the ball game on the televisions. San Francisco is a great city to visit. Enjoy yourself!