Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What time dinner reservation after Producers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:24 AM
sara

We'd like to go to Carmines in the theater district after the 8pm weeknight performance of Producers. If they take reservations for a group of 5, what time shoud I make them for? The restaurant is just down the block from the theater, I believe.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:37 AM
JTL

Have a great time, we saw the show 2 weeks ago. The show runs 2 hours and 40 minutes (according to theatre notes) and remember there is a 15 minute, it may be 20 minute intermisison...give yourself time to walk to the restaurant and there you are...say11:00 TO BE SAFE.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Statia

If I remember correctly, I was recently told at Carmine's that their last seating is at midnight. So, you are probably safe making reservations at 11 p.m. I was surprised that they were still quite crowded when we ate there at 11 p.m. one night. We really enjoyed it, though. The service was good, as was the food. Portions are huge, though, so beware and share.

Enjoy!

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:26 PM
z

I believe the minimum for a reservation is six people. At 11 pm I would take my chances and walk in.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Statia

Yes, I agree with "z."

We walked in at 9:30, were told to come back at 10:30, walked around Times Square awhile, and our table was ready when we returned.