Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Boston, New York and Washington DC?

Old May 13th, 1999, 03:26 PM
min

I am going to Boston, New York and Washington this June with my friend from Toronto. we will stay 2 nights in each city. I really need some advice where to stay - it should be easy to sightseeing and convenient to wonder around. I would like to make a good memory during I stay in those city so could you help me please? Thanks.

Old May 15th, 1999, 06:48 AM
denise

Most of the big hotels are located in midtown Manhattan (From the forty's to the sixty's(streets). From that location you can do lots of sightseeing, by walking or taking buses,trains or taxi's.

Old May 15th, 1999, 01:19 PM
Diane

You would want to stay mid-town in Manhattan. Many places have specials. Try www.180096.hotel

Old May 15th, 1999, 04:53 PM
betsy

In Boston, stay in the Back Bay. Try the Back Bay Hilton, Copley Marriott, or the Midtown hotel. If budget is NOT an option, stay at the Four Seasons!!! All hotels are located in the best part of Boston for shopping, dining and nightlife. The historical sites are a short walk or T-ride (subway) away. Check out www.boston.com for more info!

Old May 16th, 1999, 04:39 PM
Diane

In Washington, you'll want to stay in the "NorthWest" part of the city -- Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Cleveland Park. I messed up the hotel website: www.180096hotels.com Go to dinner in Adams Morgan area one night -- there is every type of cuisine you can imagine. Wonderful Spanish, Caribbean, French, Mexican, Ethopian, etc.

Old May 19th, 1999, 09:45 AM
Lee

Even though I live in the Boston area, several times a year I stay in town, in the Quincy Market area. My favorite hotel there is The Bostonian, but it is not cheap. It's within crawling distance of the shops, restaurants, bars and clubs at Quincy Market (Fanuiel Hall marketplace), and around the corner from Haymarket, where pushcart vendors practically give away fresh fruits and vegetables on Fridays and Saturdays. You can catch the trolley tours at the end of Quincy Market, which take you all around Boston, letting you hop on and off all day for $16.