Search

san diego hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Gary

san diego hotels

does anyone have any reccomendations for good/clean/safe & cheapish hotels/motels in downtown san diego? plus any tips or areas to avoid in sd. thanks

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Kim

The Clarion Bay View has a great location downtown by the Gaslamp District, Seaport Village and the Convention Center. It's probably as reasonable a place as you could find and actually want to stay at the hotel. I understand they are either re-modeling or getting ready to re-model this year.

Kim.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 05:07 AM
kate

I've just returned from San Diego and stayed at "La Pensione" hotel in Little Italy. It's a nice walk to the downtown/gaslamp districts and next to the trolley. We payed $70 for a room for 3 people. It's in a cute area with a cafe below the hotel and a few little restarants and a pub across the street. The rooms are fairly simple but it was a great stay!!!
Kate

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 07:05 AM
PS Local

We have stayed at the Saint James over the past many years and always enjoyed it. It is a renovated "heritage" type property in the Gaslamp Quarter near Horton Plaza. We have also stayed at the William Penn nearby.

A search pulled up the two URLs below, one of which purports a discount, though we have always dealt with the hotel directly.

Enjoy SD.

PS L
http://www.stjameshotel.com/

http://www.ernestallen.com/tr/CA/HotelSt.James/

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Sam

I'm planning a trip with some friends for sept and for a part of the stay we'll be at The Bristol Hotel. I had some friends check it out and they said it is very pretty. The website has some pictures and it looks ultra modern (IKEA style). For the one night we're staying it's $125 but we only pay $50 because we got a $100 gift certificate for $25 from cityspree.com. You might want to check it out. The hotel is on there a lot and nobody ever bids on it so you can usually get it for the lowest price. Check back each hour because the certificates change. Hope this helps.
Sam