Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Where to stay for 5 at Disney? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/where-to-stay-for-5-at-disney-260939/)

xxx Sep 25th, 2002 10:37 AM

Where to stay for 5 at Disney?

Can anyone recommend a good resort to stay at Disney or near Disney for 4 adults and one 3 year old? We'd like to keep it in the $150/night range, and prefer to be able to get a suite for all of us togther. So far, I'v heard about the Holiday Inn Family Suites whihc sounds good. Are there others? Thank you.

please Sep 25th, 2002 10:44 AM

Disney can be in California or Florida. Why can't people put in their header if they want Disneyland or Disneyworld? We're not mindreaders!

xxx Sep 25th, 2002 10:57 AM

Oops...sorry. Disney World in Florida. thnak you.

kelly Sep 25th, 2002 11:39 AM

For that price you could either get two connecting rooms at Disney's All-Star resorts, or a room with two doubles and a trundle bed at Disney's Port Orleans resort (Alligator Bayou section). Assuming you're going in February per your other post, you can most likely get a discount code (from mousesavers or intercot) and stay in a cabin at Fort Wilderness for that price, also.

patty Sep 25th, 2002 02:41 PM

5 of us stayed at the disney grosvener near the disney village, and it was nice, w/apool, breakfast w/characters, etc---

Duane Sep 25th, 2002 04:36 PM

Go to Google and do a search on condos in the Disney area. You can get some great 2 bedroom condos or even homes for under $150 a night.<BR><BR>I like the idea of 2 adjoining rooms at the All Star. We did that with my Sister in Law and her kids and had a great time.<BR>Duane

sister Sep 25th, 2002 05:08 PM

What about the Double Tree Suites Downtown Disney?

Postal Sep 25th, 2002 05:18 PM

Have you considered renting a house? There are plenty in the area, several at $150 or less per day.

mouse Sep 25th, 2002 05:54 PM

For great info try www.mousesavers.com<BR>www.wdwig.com and www.disboards.com

kk Sep 26th, 2002 06:00 AM

We're heading down there in Nov and as a party of 8 I had a lot of the same questions. Found a great house on vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner). They have a ton of condo rentals as well which go for well under the $150 per night and have full kitchens so you can save on breakfasts, dinners etc.

Penny Sep 26th, 2002 07:13 AM

We stayed at the Vistana Resorts and while it may be a little more than $150, it is well worth it. They are 2 bedroom, two full size bath units. We really appreciated having the extra space and the kitchen. Maid service every day. We will definitely stay here again.

Eric Sep 26th, 2002 08:26 AM

I would stay ONLY inside,"on property" as my TravelAgent called it.The Ultimate Park Hopper Pass is available ONLY if you stay inside the park.It makes about $5 per person difference.It gets you into virtually EVERYTHING, and it is good until the park closes on the day you check out of your hotel.So if you check out at noon and your flight home is at 8pm like ours was, you havent "wasted" anything.

a Sep 26th, 2002 10:10 AM

Our family of 5 has stayed many times in the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Even though it's offsite, it's only a mile from Disney, and you get 2 bedrooms, a living room & a kitchen. The whole place really caters to kids.

steve Nov 26th, 2002 09:31 AM

personally, i recommend tropical palms(www.tropicalpalmsresorts.com)...they have really neat cabins for a lot less than 150 night...heated pool, kids pool, very close to disney and stores, and a nice place to stay!

x Nov 26th, 2002 10:33 AM

You can get the ultimate park hopper pass if you join the Disney Club or through AAA.

nina Nov 26th, 2002 01:10 PM

xxx, Just for kicks, if you have some spare time, head on over to disboards.com and mention that you'd like to put 5 people in a room for 4. All hell will break loose as the diznuts rake you over the coals for cheating their precious Disney. Think I'm kidding? Go ahead, try it. It's lot's of fun.

[email protected] Nov 26th, 2002 02:28 PM

Nina - Nina<BR><BR>You do love to stir things up a bit don't you???

nina Nov 26th, 2002 03:09 PM

Of course, boring is so - well, boring! I prefer the term having fun though, I'm a party girl from way back.

d-dog Nov 26th, 2002 03:21 PM

Tell me the dates that you are going and I'll be sure NOT to be there the same time as your brood.

Mike Nov 27th, 2002 07:03 AM

A few years back we stayed at the Doubletree guest suites on irlo bronson highway just outside the park. they had 2 and 3 bedroom suites, don't recall the room rate