Where to Ski in Salt Lake City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to be spending a week in Salt Lake City next christmas. I am starting to look up some places to rent for the week and I have no idea where to go. It will be for my husband and I and my parents. I would like to rent a condo or private home for 5 nights. Where is the best resort for some beginners/immed.? I would like to spend around $2000 for the 5 nights.

Thanks for all of your help!
Kimberley
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM

Do you want to be in Salt Lake City or the ski areas. You can find what you want in and around Park City, There are three areas there that would met your sking needs.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM

I think the best resort for beginners/intermediate would be Deer Valley. They groom better than just about anywhere. They do not allow snowboards. Deer Valley is the most expensive place to stay. But you can stay elsewhere and catch the shuttle.

Accomodations in the Park City area at Christmas time are at a premium, and often require a stay of 7 days. I think $400/night for a house/condo may be hard to find in the Park City area at Christmas time. Hopefully someone on this board can help you with that.

Sorry, I don't have any specific places to recommend. We always stay at the Canyons.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM
CecilBD

Our family has stayed at the Mariott Residence Inn and enjoyed it very much. It is the one downtown, 3rd West and about 5th South (approximately) They have a selection of facilities, and it is very close to everything. (If you want to go to the ski slopes, you can take a bus, and it will be much more economical). The Residence Inn was an old apartment building that has been renovated, and the one we had had a nice kitchen and two very spacious bedrooms, two baths, etc.

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Our family of 4 just got back from a skiing vacation. We have skied Alta, Brighton, and Solitude. Our favorite by far, is Powder Mountain (N.E. of SLC). P.M. has all natural snow and no crowds. Our boys learned to ski at Snow Basin (about 10 miles away.) Snowbasin has a great bunny slope for beginners.
We stay in Eden, Utah. There are several rentals by owner for houses and condos. Ogden is about 10 miles east with plenty of restaurants. Good luck and think Powder. Let me know if I can help.

mes3