I know this topic comes up often, and sorry to bring it around again, but could any in the top right corner offer some recommendations? I currently live in Jacksonville, Florida and I absolutely hate this place. I'm a Colorado girl originally, I wound up down here by way of an alcoholic ex husband who chewed us up and spit us out financially (himself included). There's nothing left for me back west so I'm figuring on heading north from here.
I'm a single mom; I have a twelve-year-old and a Chihuahua, so I need a relatively safe place with decent schools (most are HORRIBLE down here).
I'm in insurance; P&C, Life, sell, service, claims- I can always get jobs, but don't always make big money.
I like all four seasons but autumn is my favorite; Florida's complete lack of seasons is depressing.
I'm not a big city girl- I find small towns much less terrifying.
Anybody who cares to weigh in, you would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 3 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 4 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 5 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 6 Muir Woods - new rules
- 7 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 8 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Padre Islands
- 11 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 12 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 13 NASHVILLE
- 14 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 15 4 days in San Diego
- 16 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 17 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 18 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 19 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Galveston
- 22 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 23 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 24 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 25 Train Journey, SFO to SEA