I know this topic comes up often, and sorry to bring it around again, but could any in the top right corner offer some recommendations? I currently live in Jacksonville, Florida and I absolutely hate this place. I'm a Colorado girl originally, I wound up down here by way of an alcoholic ex husband who chewed us up and spit us out financially (himself included). There's nothing left for me back west so I'm figuring on heading north from here.
I'm a single mom; I have a twelve-year-old and a Chihuahua, so I need a relatively safe place with decent schools (most are HORRIBLE down here).
I'm in insurance; P&C, Life, sell, service, claims- I can always get jobs, but don't always make big money.
I like all four seasons but autumn is my favorite; Florida's complete lack of seasons is depressing.
I'm not a big city girl- I find small towns much less terrifying.
Anybody who cares to weigh in, you would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://sanamwale.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-best-book-of-claude-davis.html
- 2 http://www.tophealthresource.com/invigoratex/
- 3 chau rua chen
- 4 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 5 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 6 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Family winter holiday
- 13 Trip to Cali
- 14 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 15 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 16 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 17 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 18 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 19 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 20 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 21 Big Sur weather in early December
- 22 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 23 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 24 Our next summer trip
- 25 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..