Reload this Page >

Where to live in Cincinnati

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Susan

I'm a young, single professional that is considering a relocation to Cincinnati. I will be renting (deciding to keep the house I have in California as I'll never be able to afford it again!). Is there a hip, safe area to live in somewhat in the city so that my social life isn't relegated to suburbia?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 08:23 PM
IfUCanDoIt

Well, if you're going to ask for RELOCATION advice on a TRAVEL website, I'd like to ask everyone to give me their favorite macaroni and cheese recipe.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Allie

There is a cool section called Mt.(Something) near the Art Museum that is really beautiful. Ask around.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Duane

You're thinking of Mt. Adams.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:55 AM
good question

Try Northern Kentucky. The cites on the river (Covington, Newport) are becoming the places to be. Much historic preservation going on. Close to everything. Good transportation. The Mt. in Cincinnati is Mt. Adams. I think property is pretty expensive there.---Probably nothing like California, though.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Shawna

Another area to consider is Hyde Park. Lots of cafes and other things. Close to downtown and good shopping. Covington and Newport are also nice. Prices aren't too bad yet. There are also rental lofts available right downtown. Good luck with the move!!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Amy

Also check out Mt. Lookout - it's close to Hyde Park but not as pricey.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Susan

I'm the one who originally asked the question and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to reply. I realize that a travel website is not the most appropriate place to request relo suggestions from others (but I'll take input from everyone since I've never been to Ohio before). I could've done without [email protected]'s input however (sarcastic SOB).

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 06:22 AM
C

My boyfriend lives there, in Hyde Park. It's lovely, there's a main square with cafes and some nice restaurants, etc. It is like a suburban neighborhood.

The downtown area of Cincy is an up-and-coming area to live. Mt. Adams is another good choice, too; it's right near downtown. It's on a hill obviously and there are lots of cute little houses (it's pricey I have heard).

Cincinnati is really nice!

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 10:16 AM
AnotherSarcasticSOB

To IfUCanDoIt: Try using course bread crumbs toasted in butter as a topping. Use a medium heat in a sautee pan and stir nearly constantly with a wooden spoon. As always, this is much easier to maintain control of with a gas range top. You can also put the macaroni & cheese into an over-proof caserole and toast the crumbs in the over. Either way, it's delicious.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 10:18 AM
AnotherSarcasticSOB

Oh, that OVEN, (not "over"). Are we on the top yet?

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 10:21 AM
AnotherSarcasticSOB

Oh, that's THAT'S, not THAT. Did THAT do it?