COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Where to Hold a Warm-Climate, Small Sales Mtg in Jan/Feb 2000?

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 04:18 AM
Jo

I'm in charge of planning a small company sales meeting (about 50) people in a warm climate in late Jan/Feb 2000. Employees will be coming from Pittsburgh, Boston, and Houston.

Probably 4-5 days including travel time. Looking at some meeting time/some leisure time. Golf a must.

Thanks for your suggestions for both a city and a particular resort.

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 04:50 AM
Elaine

Jo,
My husband has attended conferences at Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, FL. Meeting site is changed each year, but this has become such a popular destination, will return 3 more times. It is convenient for flying in from cities you mention. My second choice would be the Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL. However, I am partial to the Amelia Island property.
Elaine

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 04:53 AM
Elaine

Jo,
My husband has attended conferences at Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, FL. Meeting site is changed each year, but this has become such a popular destination, will return 3 more times. It is convenient for flying in from cities you mention. My second choice would be the Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL. However, I am partial to the Amelia Island property.
Elaine

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 09:48 AM
Christie

What about at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas, Texas? This is where the GTE Byron Nelson golf tournament is played every year, so you know the golf is excellent! DFW Airport is very close by, so easy access from major cities is not a problem. The Four Seasons has plenty of meeting rooms and facilities, and the staff there really takes care of you! Their sales department can be reached at: 972-717-2427. Good Luck!!

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 02:05 PM
Bear

I would recommend that you consider the Phoenician and the Boulders in the Scottsdale, Arizona area.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 02:52 PM
Lantell Star

Galveston TX, Las Vegas NV,
Monterrey CA, New Orleans LA and San Antonio TX are very nice and affordable,
Specifics?
E-mail, [email protected]
Regards

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 03:37 PM
Jon

If your group can afford it, there is not doubt: MAUI IS THE BEST.
My favorite hotel resort on Maui is the Hyatt.

LOTS more info about Maui restaurants, hotels, activities, sights, etc, at this web site:
http://www.mauihawaii.org
(note it ends in org, not com)
Jon

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 04:37 PM
Karen

Palm Springs or anywhere in Phoenix or Tucson would fit the bill.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 07:52 PM
Melba

Barnsley Gardens in Northern Georgia. It is a brand new golf resort. Also on the grounds is also a castle that is still standing. The gardens, lodge and cottages are beautiful. Exactly one hour from downtown Atlanta. (shopping!). I beleive the Bartow County Chamber of Commerce could help!

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 04:56 AM
Mark

The South Seas resort on Captiva Island florida would be perfect. A large self contained resort with Golf and all kinds of fun things to do and great business meeting facilities. Go to Southseas.com for info.

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 05:26 AM
Marsha

I work for a production company which can help you with all the staging and technical support you may need for your meeting. We work all over the country and have had a lot of experience in many venues. Please let me know if I can help!

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 04:43 PM
Craig

I suggest the South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, Florida; Sanibel Harbor Spa and Resort in Fort Myers, Florida; the Ritz Carlton in Naples, Florida; or the Naples Beach and Tennis Club