Dh and I are going to take a vacation during the week of Thanksgiving but aren't sure where we would like to go. We are in our mid-late 20s. We live in Colorado and would prefer not to stay here. Things we love:
Laid back night life...sitting at a local pub and getting to know the bartender
Towns with a lot of history/culture
The ability to walk home from bars/restaurants or easily take a cab
Immersing ourselves in "local" customs or culture
The Battery in Charleston
Beautiful scenary--gardens, trees, mountains
Things were aren't huge fans of:
Large, large cities (other than NYC), we spent our honeymoon in Honolulu and were really, really cranky due to the large crowds
"All inclusive" or overly resort type of hotels
We probably won't be interested in skiing since we can do that at home but are not opposed to "snow country". Any ideas? We've considered Sonoma/Napa/Calistoga, Vermont and Taos.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 2 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 3 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 4 4 days in San Diego
- 5 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 8 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 9 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 10 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 14 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 15 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 16 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 17 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 18 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 19 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 20 Big Sur weather in early December
- 21 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 22 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 23 Our next summer trip
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old